Project Genesis, a social rights and advocacy community organization located in the culturally diverse Côte-des-Neiges neighbourhood, seeks a person for a full-time (5 days a week at 35 hrs/wk) position as Interim Executive Director. This is a replacement contract, with the possibility of a new contract depending on the circumstances at the end of the period.
The Executive Director has the global responsibility to ensure that Project Genesis functions as an effective, responsive and efficient organisation. He or she assumes a leadership role in policy and program development, administration, staff support and supervision, fundraising and representation of Project Genesis.
- Providing leadership in the development of programs and services to meet community needs. Working with the Board of Directors and sub-committees as required to plan and develop orientations for the organization and develop policies. Assuring the overall functioning and management of Project Genesis programs and services. Working with the staff team to plan and evaluate programs and services.
- Assuring overall financial management of the organization. Preparing the budget and financial reports. Researching funding, completing grant applications and liaising with funding bodies. Working with the Administrative Assistant to plan and carry out the fundraising campaign.
- Working with selection committees to hire staff. Supporting and orienting staff regarding programs and services. Supervising and evaluating staff. Promoting staff teamwork.
- Acting as a spokesperson and representative of Project Genesis.
Experience, skills, and qualifications brought to the role include:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of tasks directly related to the role, or having significantly contributed to its tasks
- Very good capacity, efficiency, and experience related to human resource management
- Demonstrated capacity and skills with budgeting and financial reporting
- Demonstrated capacity and skills in planning and managing programs and teams
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and organizational skills
- Significant work experience for social rights with diverse communities
- Ability to carry out various mandates simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in French and English.
People of racialized communities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify. Competitive salary according to relevant experience. A cover letter, including mention of the position, with C.V. will be accepted by email email@example.com until the position is filled.
We appreciate all applications; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.