Application deadline: Tuesday, January 31st at 5pm
- Are you motivated by social justice and popular movements?
- Do you wish to work in popular actions and in solidarity with the residents of Côte-des-Neiges?
- Do you want to work towards housing justice and poverty reduction?
Project Genesis, a community organization with more than 40 years’ experience in advocacy and social justice, is seeking a community organizer for a full-time permanent position (35 hrs/wk, 5 days/wk).
Prinicipal tasks include:
- Organization of campaigns and actions
- Research on social policies
- Popular education
- Mobilizing residents and coalition building
We are seeking:
- A candidate with community experience
- Capacity for critical analysis on social issues
- Familiarity with grassroots movements
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent capacity to work with others but also autonomously
People of racialized communities are encouraged to apply and self-identify. Salary is $24/hr. Benefits include accumulating four weeks of vacation, and other advantages.
Please send a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com before January 31, 2023.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.